Friday, September 5, 2008

TGIF

Its Friday night. Its beautiful out. I had a really good day.

I woke up at 6am so I would I have time to do aerobic yoga exercises before work.

The classroom I was in today was way fun. It is a transitional program for kids ages 18-21. The idea is to give them structure and support to become more self-sufficient and independent; to prepare them for "the real world". In the morning we read the paper, played music and picked apples and pears to make smoothies with. In the afternoon we played kickball with the other classes. Pretty rockin'. 

After work I rode my bike to the library, picking up the 2 books I had on hold (one is "How to Become a Famous Writer Before You're Dead" by Ariel Gore) and also managed to pick up a pint of Coconut Bliss ice cream. My friend came over and we ate ice cream with blueberries and talked about the joys and challenges of living with other people, amongst other things.

The extended weather forecast for the next week is sunshine every single day. I love it. Tomorrow I am going rollerskating at Oaks Park for my friend's birthday. Life is good.

No comments: